Friday, February 06, 2009

Slumdog

Slumdog Millionaire

Last Monday I went to the movies immediately after work. I've been very busy, so I haven't made time for movies. I was very glad I went. One of the great things about movies is their ability to show us worlds we woudln't normally see. Slumdog Millionaire does so by taking us into the changing world of modern day Mumbai. I'm sure the movie was shot on a digital camera because of the way it grabs and traps images, espcially if the figures on screen are moving quickly. Digital cameras have a type of visual stutter that makes them look different from film. Also, Danny Boyle used this technique in 28 Days Later. It gives his movies a sort of documentary feel while keeping them visually pleasing.

The performances by the children in the movie are amazing, and the frame story is a clever and novel way to tell the story. The music is great also. And be sure you stay for the Bollywood style dance number during the end credits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home