Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Salted Caramel

This is interesting (at least to me).  For the first time ever, I "work shopped" a poem. This basically means people read my poem and discussed it in front of me. I took their suggestions to heart. You can compare this version to the one I published on September 25. Please don't overwhelm Blogger's server in your rush to do so:

Salted Caramel by Michael Gerleman

I bought a salted caramel,
plucked it from a bowl by the cash register.
I was attracted to the brown glow under the
white wax paper, and the caramel drops
seeping from the slit in the wrapping were
as promising as locking eyes with a stranger.

I swear I wasn’t thinking of you.
But when I popped the brown sweetness
in my mouth, suddenly the salty sweetness,
the smooth, firm, yet yielding body of
the caramel, reminded me of
my tongue probing hollow of your neck,
the salt on your skin
at the end of the day,
and my mouth making you release
your salty sweetness to me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home