Saturday, October 25, 2014

Old Man and Cucuy

Old Man complaining to El Cucuy. 3/9
El cucuy, could you be a dear,
take the kids next door away from here!
Or if you can't, then could you please
give them colds to make them sneeze?
Or down each pair of filthy pants
drop a handful of red biting ants?
All day long they scream and jump,
And wake me with distracting thumps.
Because of them no rest I get,
Fly them off on a cucuy jet!
I think it is true beyond dispute,
My life would be better if they were mute
What's that Cucuy? No I don't recall
Myself as a child, no not at all.
You mean I was once as noisy as they?
And ran and jumped the livelong day?
And drove Old Men crazy as they do now?
Well then, Cucuy please tell me how
To live with them without defeat?
Should Xanax be my Halloween treat?
What's that cucuy, you've something for me?
You've brought me a gift, a small one I see,
Why thank you cucuy! I owe you ten hugs!
A shiny new set of golden ear plugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home